On Aug 6, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Hinge wrote:

> All I can say is that everybody I know, including my co-workers at The
> Saint refer to it as "First Night".
> I wanted to see how it was listed on the cityofasburypark.com website,
> but the website appears to be broken again.
> I don't think it's the web developers fault that the website has
> problems. Currently, something is pushing the page to be wider then
> it's supposed to be, and I believe it's because whoever in the city is
> in charge of updates isn't following guidlines. The current site is a
> content managed site, which means that the framework is complete, and
> there is an administrative back-end built into it so that somebody
> from the city can login and add new content.

There really isn't a good reason why a city website has to be set up
like this in my opinion.  The website makes you do extra steps for
just about everything.  Want more information on one of the upcoming
events? You click on the event to get a box asking if you want more
information to click there.  After clicking it you'll load a
Microsoft Word doc.   This stuff should all be done in html.  It
would make it cleaner and help it be noticed much more by the search
engines.  The city is losing a lot of marketing power with things
like this.