--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "icaruscriesfire"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. The chamber of commerce is "owned" by the pompous upper echelon
that
> is attempting to rape AP. As a merchant, you can pay your $125 for
the
> right to be ignored by these high brow snobs.
> 2. Y'all can play down the crime all you want in the media; but
it's
> getting worse. Once WHITEY gets gunned down on the boardwalk
> (particularly a NEW whitey with an esteemed condo on the water);
it's
> all over. You know it, and I know it.
> 3. Everyone that I speak to in those "towns with money"
(paraphrase),
> surrounding AP, are convinced that it's never coming back. AP is a
> constant reminder of corruption and crime; and a black mark on
Monmouth
> county, and NJ. An embarrasment. They don't let their kids GO to
AP; as
> no one should. They have real class. Not this neuvo-riche pompous
> attitude driven soley by greed fueling those at the top of the
food
> chain in AP.
> irrelevant question:
> Who are we looking to attract now that the gays are leaving,
families?
> OK. What's the plan tomorrow? To change the plan?
> SOME PLACES ARE SIMPLY BETTER LEFT BRIAR PATCHES

As an outsider looking in AP has made TREMENDOUS progress in the
past 5 years and based on the current group of investers and their
reputations (MM and Metro) things are continuing to move forward.
Why focus on the negative?  Call me stupid or call me "new whitey
with an esteemed condo on the beach", but I for one plan on spending
my summers and weekends in AP with my family which includes an 18
month old daughter and 5 year old son.

Even in its current state I would be happy to live in AP.  The main
attactions are the beach, the restaurants, theatre, great shops and
nightlife something I lack in my boring suburban town.

As far as the surrounding towns....if they don't want to come to AP
they can stay home or go somewhere else to have fun. I live in
Passaic county and everyone I talk to up here in both Bergen and
Passaic Counties are optimistic about the progress being made in
AP.

A few weeks ago I was with a guy who grew up in Monmouth County and
currently lives in San Diego.....he spent the day and evening in AP
with a friend of his who has a house in Spring Lake......he could
not believe the progress being made in AP.

Whats the plan for tomorrow?  What's the plan for change?  Walk
around town and you will get a good idea!

John