In a message dated 9/12/2007 7:43:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

There may  have been Mario, but I don't have a personal recollection
of it.  I  was a mere lad when the Monte Carlo closed.

I do know there was a  tunnel under the 4th Avenue lockers (now
referred to as 3rd Avenue  Pavilion for some reason) that went out to
the beach.  As locker boys  after a rain we would have to "pump the
tunnel."

I was about 8 or 9 yrs. old living in Essex County with parents.  I  was
often invited by my aunts and uncles here when they rented in what used to  be
those grand old guest houses whose great porches I remember.

They had pool passes but I think I remember we kids loved the tunnel under
Ocean Ave to the beach.
Maybe I transposed the 4th ave one you mention.

Garret or his father would know.