In a message dated 9/12/2007 7:29:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

OK, I  changed the subject to narrow this down. So, Hinge, et. al; how IS
Asbury  Park?
What's news?  I know that I'll get flack.. but isn't A.P. the  topic?  Have a
great day,
Glenn

You're right Glenn.  I learned  a while back that it's not cool to straytoo
far  from the parameters  mentioned on this groups home page.  So, I try to
avoid, subjects which are  absolutely off topic.  But when someone else
introduces topics which  demonizes liberal/left/progressive/Democratic points
of view,
I feel compelled  to respond especially if the post is made by a non-resident
of this town or  posts anonymously (or without a profile.  And even more so
when the person  is a zealot.

And it was fun to be able to repeat  that moronic subject line over and over
again in my responses  today.

When I moved here after college, I  intended it to be temporary; Asbury Park
didn't look like it would  be exciting during winters, and I hoped to return
back home where I could  see the NYC skyline from my bedroom windows.

APHS got a last minute  grant, I heard about it from an agency and was hired
a few days before  Labor Day..  The HS principal sent me to Corrubia's
Restaurant (213  Lake) for a temporary motel room upstairs until I could find
something for the  academic year.  The Corrubias were very friendly and as
Italian as
anyone I  knew in North Newark, so I moved into one of the two apartments
with a great  view of the ferris wheel and the Mayfair Theater.

It was one of the Corrubias, Ida or  Jim, who told me I'd never leave.
Something to the effect "Once you get  the sand between your toes....like a
clam
digger...., you'll never want to go  back to NNJ.

As it turned out, they were  right.

Rook, give my love to  Ida.