Maybe it has to do with that study:

"Liberals More Likely Than Conservatives To Break From Habitual  Responses"
Take your pick as to the messenger of that study:
_Click  here: ucla liberal conservative nyu OR york - Google Search_
(http://www.google.com/search?as_q=ucla+liberal+conservative++nyu+OR+york&hl=en&num=10&;
btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&a
s_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images)

_Click  here: ucla liberal conservative nyu OR york - Google News_
(http://news.google.com/news?as_q=ucla+liberal+conservative+&svnum=10&as_scoring=r&hl=en&;
ned=tus&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=nyu+york&as_eq=&as_drrb=q&as
_qdr=&as_mind=13&as_minm=8&as_maxd=12&as_maxm=9&as_nsrc=&as_nloc=&as_occt=any)
  .

Don't know how to do sound bites etc. on complex issues;  I prefer
"academic" to "tedious"; OK and sometimes too esoteric for most.  But I'm  not
catering
to sponsors or advertisers, and don't mind if most prefer to hit  delete
rather than read anything other than snippits.

So be it.

The only call-in I can stand is C-Span's Washington Journal, usually  DVRed.
The hosts remain neutral, and they alternate between three separate  call-in
lines:  Dem, Pepub, and Independent.

Left and right radio, 27/7 TV news call ins sensationalize too much, and
never really change anyone's mind --
So what's the point except to sell soap by telling people what they want to
hear.

C-Span is more civil and more importantly more informative.  A private
company providing a public service.  Ratings not important.  The  Public Air
Waves
no longer belong to the public.

In a message dated 9/12/2007 8:36:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,