I joined this group because I wanted to talk about Asbury Park, and learn more
about the city,
it's citizens, it's past, and it's future.
In the past year, it's been fairly obvious that the cities administration,
Asbury Partners and
Madison Marquette visit this group, and upon occasion the things discussed here
actually
have an effect on the city.
We've made friends, we've helped people, and in a small way, we've even helped
the city.
To overwhelm this board with discussions that have nothing to do with the city
undermines
the group itself. That's why I made the simple suggestion that we create a
group so that local
people can discuss other things, like politics, and religion.
Why is that a bad thing? Our country and media is already overwhelmed with
political
discussions etc. My only desire was to shift the focus of the group back to the
reason it
exists in the first place. If anybody is angered or offended by that desire, I
apologize.