The "other" blog spot accomplishes its objective much better than
this one although it is far from perfect.  There are a few important
differences.

The other site has a moderator.  Those who continually cross the line
are admonished.  If they don't listen, they are ejected from the
site.  Push polls set up by a moderator might be a fair way for the
group to determine whether or not to get rid of a nuisance poster.
Moderators can rotate and be elected by the group through push polls.

All postings on the other blog spot are required to include the name
and address of the poster.  This fosters community spirit and helps
elevate the tone of the postings.

Limiting the number of postings to three or four per day per poster
might also help cut down the endless back and forth that some members
engage in.

I like this list in particular because people are not afraid to voice
opinions.  The posters on this list really care about the issues
affecting Asbury Park.  While there is no need to throw the baby out
with the bathwater, some ground rules would go a long way towards
encouraging civility and some much needed self restraint.

Paul Vail
511 Second Ave

url=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php>.