The only person making decisions at Fox is Roger Ailes. I worked with him when
MSNBC was the "America is Talking or "Talk America" channel I don't recall the
exact name of it. Roger rules with an iron fist.

  America needs Fox for an opposing point of view. After spending 25 years at
NBC you meet some of the most bleeding heart liberals you could ever come
across. The reason that TV networks and stations are liberal in for the most
part financial. They have to please the majority of their viewers because they
"use the public airwaves".

  Cable channels don't have the same regulatory restrictions and can say pretty
much what they choose. If you don't like what you hear on one channel change
the damned thing.

  It is hurting the moral of the troops it's Vietnam all over again. If the
Liberals had their way they would have American troops in Darfur. Where is the
UN and other countries on the the Darfur issue?

  What I find sort of humorous is that Allan Greenspan is saying Bush went to
war with Iraq for oil. Is this really a revelation?  Americans think oil will
always be there and there is no end to it. There are as many gas guzzlers on
the road today as there has ever been.

  To be honest I really don't care what a has been like Sally Fields has to
say. The Flying Nun's opinion means nothing.

Kevin Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Dan:

I recently heard but have not "confirmed" the following:

Fox News Channel executives sent out a letter to stockholders and
other close to the vest people, saying they were considering
the "anti war" rhetoric is hurting the moral of the troops and
strengthening the moral of the Al Quiada recruitment.

They never said they were going to, but it sounded like they were
planning to excersize executive broadcast policy to minimize any
unsubstantiated "chatter" and "opinion" - they did emphasis they
would not censor facts and news.

I am guessing Bill O'Rielly had a lot to do with it. I understand he
has executive authority on the channel. (again, I am not certain)

"Sally Fields" most likely took an opportunity, that they did not
approve of and decided to cut it! That would not surprise me.

The Media wars are gonna get louder than the war on terror.

> I can't believe it. Fox cuts off Sally Fields acceptance speech
> "If mothers ruled the world there wouldn't be an ---"
>
> Feed goes out. Fill in the blanks. " y goddamn wars" "Iraq War"
>
> Too coincidental. I am not the only one who noticed it. On YouTube
too.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFeWOPPbbU&watch_response

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!