Werner,

You should have someone that covers Asbury Park for the Press or Coaster try asking that question to public officials and get an official response. It certainly seems like a valid point. If you're going to throw someone in jail over a house, why not an abandoned hotel deemed in such poor shape that demolition is necessary.

We all know that people have "lived" in that hotel for years. I'd say that the Metropolitan Hotel has to be more of a public hazard than your place by any reasonable person.