The Downtown Redevelopment is another example of poor
Planning from the start.

It fell into the same trap as the Beachfront, believing that the
only ratables worth creating are residential.

Clearly this is false.

If the Zoning had been appropriate and thought through, there would
be Office uses above the business' to act as a buffer to the
residential on the upper floors.

The conflicts would be minimized and the mixed use would provide
daytime commercial activity.

This is all just basic good urban planning.

Werner