Looks like I hit a nerve.

You write nearly 700 words, and not one is about you helping Asbury
Park.

You have no sense of public service.  Zero.

Just keep complaining about us that roll up our sleeves and help.

(I'm sure you'll write another 700 words about me, when the subject
is about you, and how you don't kick in at all).

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 10/8/2007 1:25:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Bull.  You've done nothing but complain.  You took a half hearted
shot a
> putting  together a group for aging gays. You were
certainly "touting and wearing
> on  your sleeve" when  you got your name in the paper for the
idea. Mr. hero
> was going to help people for once in his life.  Did you follow
through?  Show
> me the "paper trail" at your one promised shot at public service.
>

> "Nothing but complain" is an outright falsehood.  I've  suggested,
commented,
> criticized, inquired, praised, reminisced, waxed  nostalgically,
presented
> anecdotes, and complained.  But it is true that  the majority of
posts across
> the board from everyone in most groups is comprised  of
complaints.  Same at
> council meetings and BOE meetings.  What's  the ratio in your
collective writings
> of complaints to  commendations?
>

> Your research and sources are very limited and incomplete.  My
attempt to
> facilitate a local chapter of SAGE was a trial balloon; I made no
attempt to
> tout it; but Joe D'Andrea put in on his site.  I never
used "hero" in reference
> to myself, and I don't recall that it appeared any  where in any
paper,
> certainly not at my request.  I didn't seek out any  publicity
except through Yahoo
> groups announcing months of meetings to  brainstorm ideas and
discuss the
> need for a local group.  Like others who  attempted similar
special interest
> groups, everything was put on hold until  there was a permanent
home base for
> QSpot.
>
> I probably could take some lessons in how to facilitate a local
franchise of
> a national group; however, as a teacher I don't need to prove to
anyone or
> to publish shoe boxes of grateful letters over the years about
lives  I've
> positively impacted.
> My paper trail to help local charities and fund raising is none
of  anyone's
> business.
>
> I am a professional whose domain has been the written word,  and I
> specialized in the use and misuse of words to promote ideas in
the  media.  And I'm a
> johnny-come-lately to applying that expertise to  issues outside
the classroom.

> When asked on 60 Minutes why he continued to write, Bruce said
because he
> has the chutzpah to believe he can make a difference, an impact,
with  what he
> writes.  I'm no lyricist, but I can hitch my wagon to that
concept.
> Similarly, finally, he and so many others have revived a quaint
old idea:  That's it's
> a citizen's civic duty to speak up and challenge  ideas in the
public square.
>  And with that territory I fully  expect the slime attacks that
will be
> channeled through you.
>
> To paraphrase John Milton then, "They also serve who write and
speak out to
> question and to challenge...."
>
> You see fit to excoriate weekly: the Chamber of Commerce, Call
for  the
> Resignation of an elected councilman, Tillie groupies, Bruce,
Pallone,  presevation