My eyes filled up, when I read your thoughtful reply.  I'm sure many
more, who feel as you and I do, could make a difference.  Does anyone
care what we think?  Some do and some passionately do.  None of us are
divided on the quality of life issues, decent education, or safe and
clean streets.  Affordable housing, is hard to come by, everywhere and
monies devoted to but hardly ever materializes and living wages are
everywhere, but here!

Asbury Works, did a "helluva" job, but can't do anything without
sufficient grants!  So, ever the skeptic; Where do we go from here?
Do we need more police?  If so, can the City ask for state funds?  If
not, why not?  Are we to remain the "whipping" boy, for the
State/County?  How in the world, can we shed the "image", when we
still have problems emanating, from 1970, which were never addressed?
Not asking you personally; just asking, is all.  It's been 37 years,
since the riot.  The Mayor was just a kid, himself, when it occurred.
He didn't create the abyss, this city is in and I don't expect him to
solve these problems, by himself!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>