Again I want to thank Stand Up for the efforts because as we can see there
could be problems from these facilities.

----- Original Message ----
From: dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 12:19:50 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Library Park

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "Paul Vail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Residents are not going to be able to get a handle on Library Park
> until Trinity Church changes it's policy.
>
> Currently Trinity Church runs a food pantry several days a week and a
> soup kitchen on Saturday. Most of the people using the program are
> truly in need and the church does a good job reaching out to them.
> However, the church also gives hand outs to substance abusers who
> loiter in Library Park and make life miserable for for those who live
> in the vicinity.
>
> Residents should lobby the church to change it's policy. A small
> percentage of Trinity's "guests" have no respect for public & private
> property. In my view, the church has a responsibilty not to allow its
> guests to ruin the quality of life in our neighborhood. The church
> should identify who these people are and direct them to the substance
> abuse programs they really need.

Thank you for putting it gingerly. Quite frankly, I don't know why it
is allowed in residential areas. It will be difficult for the
immediate blocks to improve as long as it continues in the manner it
does. While I am sure that many of the congregation live in AP, how
many live within a 2-block radius and sees what goes on? How many live
in other towns, drive to Trinity, hand out the food and get back in
their cars and go home.

These services belong in areas away from residences. I am tired of
seeing the food and packaging from this service all over the park and
the surrounding sidewalks, including my own.

There is a parade of people up and down Asbury Ave going to this
facility. As I said to Heather, some are real beauts. I don;t care how
it sounds. I pay an awful lots in taxes in two states and to the
federal government. I give to charities. As crazy as it sounds, the
affluent have rights too.