It must be why I love garlic pickles!  When I lived in Florida, I'd
drive 30 miles, past the Gator Bowl, to Jacksonville, to have a corn
beef on rye, with a pickle!  I was living in Atlantic Beach, outside
the gates of the Mayport Naval Base.  I did this every other day, just
to get this sandwich, every other day!  I was raised on a diet of
French/German/Italian/Spanish foods and thought everyone did!  Who
knew?  Collingswood Auction, keeps barrels of various kinds of
homemade pickles!  Worth every penny!  I would love to sit down in a
deli and just smell the smells!  Now, I'm hungry!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It would be great to have a real  Jewish deli back in AP.
>
> In a message dated 10/22/2007 1:07:02 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Go Kosher.
>

> "There are no memories without the deli. My father  has no memories
without
> the store."  His smile was easy. "It’ll be nice to  have it back."
>

> _Click here: Second Avenue Deli - Jewish Delis - Abe Lebewohl  - New
York

(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/magazine/21deli-t.html?pagewanted=all)