From: Paul Vail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:01 pm
Subject: [AsburyPark] Library Park

Residents are not going to be able to get a handle on Library Park
until Trinity Church changes it's policy.

Currently Trinity Church runs a food pantry several days a week and a
soup kitchen on Saturday. Most of the people using the program are
truly in need and the church does a good job reaching out to them.
However, the church also gives hand outs to substance abusers who
loiter in Library Park and make life miserable for for those who live
in the vicinity.

Residents should lobby the church to change it's policy. A small
percentage of Trinity's "guests" have no respect for public & private
property. In my view, the church has a responsibilty not to allow its
guests to ruin the quality of life in our neighborhood. The church
should identify who these people are and direct them to the substance
abuse programs they really need.

http://mail.aol.com