In a message dated 11/3/2007 8:12:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

After all, it wouldn't be so challenging (and rewarding) to  seek out signs
of life in music and culture had Clear Channel not _developed the  machinery_
(http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/6432174/inside_clear_channel)
necessary to sterilize and  neuter the radio landscape. It wasn't the first
corporation to try, but Clear  Channel has succeeded more wildly than anyone
could have
anticipated.  "We're not in the business of providing news  and
information,"We're not in the business of providing news  and infoFortune in
2003. "We're
not in the business of providing  well-researched music. We're simply in the
business of selling our customers  products." Shudder...

John Ward's column "One Man's Opinion" in this week's Coaster is titled
"Radio Days."  He recalls the Golden Age of Murrow, Severeid and others,  and
end
with this:

"'Radio used to be a dream,' and so it was. Television, once hailed as an
electronic miracle of immense promise, could have improved on that dream, but
greed and poor taste have made it more like a nightmare."

Tuesday:  Villapiano, Napolitani, Pirnat,... (http://www.njvoterinfo.org/)