Jack,
So glad to hear that you have connected with someone.  I edited my
reply just to say this.  Yesterday I celebrated my anniversary, by
going on an early Christmas shopping jaunt and lunch in Eatontown.  We
came through Sunset Ave. to Main St.  At the light was the "dog and
pony" show, the PD on horseback, a gross waste of money IMHO, but if
this is what the residents want, who am I?  Being of a practical mind,
I could think of so many better ways the funds dedicated to this,
could be spent.  Having been raised in a large city, Cops on horseback
were used during Mardi Gras season, when the Circus came to town and
at the Superdome.  Crowd control!  Where's the crowd here?  I've also
seen mounted police at Veterans Stadium, during football season, yeah,
I know it was torn down and at Shea Stadium, when the Jets played
there!  crowd control!  Is it me or is Asbury, a "gentrified" fairy
tale?  I mean that literally, no puns or jokes intended!  I'm serious!
 What a waste, as they trotted and walked down Main St.  Couldn't
wait, to get away from them.  It's a shame and we allow it!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'll like to update the group with things concerning LSP.
> First off, I'm continuing in my effort to get the lighting fixed.
Reidy still hasn't returned my
> email, but I have had a discussion with his assistant about 2 weeks
ago, but as of yet, still
> no progress with getting the lights fixed. I'll keep trying though,
and I may have a meeting
> with JK very soon to discuss this.
> The PD has been patrolling the area since I found the hypodermic
needle, and the ocean
> front security patrols have also expanded to the east side of the park.
> Since the cleanup of the park, no new drug bags have been found.
Unfortunately, some of