I agree Main St. is ugly and it's way too ugly for a point of entry

But I envy the people that will be near a market or dress shop.
Fasano mentions D&L BBQ as a positive move.

I wish I could see it that way.  That BBQ place opened it's vent on
the roof above my backyard.  The noise of the vent is like a jet but
that doesn't bother me like the smell.  We can't open our windows when
the smoker is cranked up otherwise our sheets and pillows and curtains
will smell like BBQ.

We had just finished renovating our house and this is really going to
affect our property values.

I've got nothing against the owners and cooks.  The restaurant
business is tough. Good Luck to them but I hope they get to move to
Cookman.  Anyway they rented the place from Monmouth properties.  When
we bought our house it was the Mercy Center.  Before that it was a
bakery.

I talked to the inspectors about it, of course, and they agreed it's a
bad situation but in AP if something stinks and it's grandfathered in
there's no fixing it unlike situations in NYC (23rd st. Crispy Creme
was cited and had to vent it's donut grease smell up 8 stories above
it's neighbors windows).