--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rook782" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think renters should qualify, they pay a lot of taxes directly and
> indirectly through the landlord.  And just because someone rents, it
> does not mean they are not talented to contribute to the committee.

Renters ARE taxpayers and therefore, should qualify.

A landlord figures out what his expenses are. Property taxes which the
landlord pays (residential) are a portion of that expense.

***Technically, you're NOT a taxpayer if you live in a tax exempt
property - fed housing, religious housing etc (there's more detail but
thats a summary).

Either way, you should still have the opportunity regardless, if
you're qualified and want to donate your time and pull your hair out.

Good luck.