Kerry there is no motive. There is no "why" this happened to John
Hamilton.  You are still stuck on the idea that someone with an
ulterior motive was tryng to get to him.

Sometimes good police work goes too far, despite the best of
intentions.  That's what happened here.  Bid Rig was a huge county-
wide operation that started in 1999.  Hamilton was not an intentional
target of anyone (except Steffer).

I was very uncomfortable reading about how the FBI sent Duke Steffer
out to do the investigation himself about who might be willing to take
a bribe and who might not be.  That just sounds like a license for
Steffer to set people up.

Considering that Steffer is a lying, cheating felon, certainly I
believe that guy could go too far.  I think he did with John.

In fact, in political circles around Monmouth, there are many people
right now privately telling stories how Steffer tried to initiate
contact with them, or even hand them money, but fortunatly, they
turned him down.

I don't blame John.  One Sunday I was sitting on my couch watching
football, and two strangers knocked on my door.  The said they were
doing a driveway down the street, and offered to seal mine with the
leftover materials for $80.00.  I let them.

That's probably all that happened with John. Unfortunatly for him, the
guy at his door was Steffer.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "kerrymbutch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>