Okay...

So we arrive in Asbury on Friday afternoon and our gate was open and
the bottom slats are broken off the brace.  We go into the backyard
and nothing is disturbed except the wall of D&L BBQ which now has a
piece of cardboard and a scrap of plywood nailed over the window.

They didn't even bother to leave a note or lock the gate behind them.
 They left the gate swinging in the wind, letting any passerby know
that we were gone for Thanksgiving.

When D&L first fired up the smoker and we couldn't open our windows
for days we spoke to them about the impact of their vent on the
surrounding houses.  We were met with blank faced, arrogant
indifference and, not surprisingly, that's what we got when we asked
about them trespassing on our property.

Later, the maitre d'/waiter admitted to coming into our yard but he
claimed he didn't break the gate.

So we filed a police report and had to have the police go into the
restaurant and talk to them.

Does anyone know who owns that building now?  1206 Main St.

 Any advice on this kind of issue is appreciated.

Linda Griggs