Mario,
For once, I read the APP, on the day it was published!  I'm always
behind, but I get enough news here, that when I read the paper, I
sometime, get another take on someone else's reading.  Boola Boola!
My uncle Joe, who fought at the Battle of the Bulge, used to sing that
song all day for us!  He used to sing the songs, from the Jeanette
McDonald films, ALL parts, until we had tears rolling down our faces,
from laughing.  On the song, Boola Boola, those were the only words,
he knew!  Imagine him, singing THAT, all day!

For those who think me crazy, I think it's "genetic", in my family!
They were such an "eccentric" bunch of people!  My Grandma, was very
"dramatic"!  A college educated "Southern Belle", to the Max!  You
haven't seen "Steel Magnolias", until you saw them!  Very genteel, but
FIRM!  She ran EVERYTHING, with a steel hand, in a cotton glove!
There ARE no "dumb" southern women, from my vantage point!

On the school principal, I admire him, for getting off to a good
start.  Just showing the kids, that "I care and I give a damn", speaks
volumes!  I've seen others try to do the same, but the system is
geared to "beat" you down!  I will pray for the success of a genuinely
naive man, but since he comes from the valleys of California, he just
might do it!  As far as the board, just when I thought they were all
getting along, I find that Frank D, is all alone.  It must be because
he is on the side for right!  Okay, going to go back to your link and
watch Boola Boola!  Thanks Mario, I need a lift!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 11/28/2007 7:18:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Mario,  Boola, Boola, was before anybody's time!
>
> lol.     The  football fight song just popped into my head as I was
typing
> that  post: memory cells are strange.
> Probably the only time I ever heard that song occurred when I was a
kid
> watching cartoons on tv with my aunt who was baby sitting me.
> We both thought it was so silly that we laughed and sang it
afterwards.  It
> became our secret code song.
>

> Now, thanks to the IMDb web site and your comment, I was able to
locate the
> actual cartoon:
> Tom and Jerry in Puss n' Toots  >>>  _Allan M. Hirsh_
> (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1458860/)  .
(_http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1458860/_
> (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1458860/) )
> It's on the soundtrack for 8 movies -- all corny as hell, but such
sweet
> memories of kids' tv from the 50's.
>

> I echo  your sentiment, too!  Academics were the thing for me, too!
Sports is
> the  reward, for having done the work.
>

> It looks like we're in tune with Tyler Blackmore's  sentiments.
> Today's APP article about him hit all the right notes for me.  It
may  seem
> trivial, but greeting everyone from the school steps is important;
I've  seen
> the reassuring effect that has in my own experience elsewhere.
Also, his
> picking up trash is great modeling behavior. Block scheduling,
"Character
> Counts," a passion for urban districts with low scores: All
encouraging signs that
> he knows what he's up to.
>

> His goal to change the public's perception is no small matter as
evidenced
> by some of the comments following the article.
>

> Maybe the most significant point: "He knew no one in the city  school
> district when he applied for the job...."
>

> For all the lyrics and everything you never wanted to know about
"Boola,
> Boola!"  _Click here: YAM  October 2000 - The Secret Source of that
Silly Tune_