I just don't understand why these hungry people can't utilize FreshDirect! What's the problem here?

On Nov 30, 2007, at 11:46 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 11/30/2007 11:04:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Same claim at Christmas every year by food orgs like this.

Ho hum.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: "Ross Fraser, a spokesman for America’s Second Harvest, which distributes more than two billion pounds of donated food and grocery products annually, said the shortages at food banks were the worst the organization had seen in 26 years."

If so, the claim is for sure no sillier than the perennial claim that there's a "War on Christmas!" Time to dig that one out of the files for TriCity.

Can you document that the same claim is made every year by Second Harvest?

I doubt it: the integrity of America's Second Harvest is documented by Charity Navigator (Top Rating of 4 Stars) and the Better Business Bureau; moreover, they provide complete transparency at their web site: http://www.secondharvest.org/about_us/ financial_statements/ (finances, board of directors, et al.)

"Ho hum"?  Is that the Peace on Christmas version of

"Let them eat cake"?

Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wastersof 2007.