Please allow me to take a sinister pleasure in the BOE having such
difficulty with their attorney.

I applied for that job.  My proposal was not only for one half the
fees of the current board attorney, I also agreed to cap it so it
wouldn't go over my stated price.  I also was willing to turn the
rest of my law practice to my partner and concentrate exclusively on
AP BOE.

Three firms got an invite to interview for the job.  I got a no
thank you letter, with no interview.

Please allow me to bask in my own pleasure watching the board pay
extreme prices for a lawyer they now can't control.

I couldn't be happier about it.

Don't get me wrong I still love folks like Robert, Frank, etc.
We're friends.

It was just business when they turned me down, and they expected me
not to take it personally.  I don't.

This is just business too so they shouldn't take it personally - you
guys got what you deserved.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Group Members:
>
>      I do not speak for the BOE.  This was my statement upon asking
> that the attorneys' fees for September and October, totaling a
little
> under $60,000. be separated:
>
>        "I have asked that the monthly bills for the BOE's lawfirm,
> Schwartz, Simon, et al., be separated.  I did this so that I would
> have the distinct pleasure of voting "no", because apparently my
vote,
> useless and feeble as it is, is all I have left.   As chairperson
of
> the finance committee, I do not believe that we should be wasting
the
> taxpayer's money to enrich a lawfirm that is hell-bent on stopping
> kids from playing ball on public property.  In my opinion, we have
> wasted thousands of dollars to do exactly the opposite of what we
are
> charged to do as educators.  The BOE has voted on several
occasions to
> give the Little League and Danny McKee, who has invested the better
> part of the last two years of his life in accomplishing this, the
> green light to make the improvements necessary so that the kids
here
> will have a world-class Little League field, something they richly
> deserve.  Every time we have done so, the lawyers at Shwartz Simon,
> who apparently don't have enough other issues in our district to
> contend with, have turned every green light into a red one.  What
> Danny and the Little League parents want to do would inure to the
> kids' benefit as well as the school system's since the Little
League