--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apoojo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  This board either fights this or
> there is indeed a hidden agenda, its time to draw the line in the sand
> and take on the fight , no other options are exceptable, its also time
> to fire the attorney, Frank good job, it must be tough, do not resign
> the more this issue gets out the more support you and Danny and the
> Little League will gain, keep up the heat on the knuckleheads who voted
> to hire this buffone, and voted against your motion, and want to move
> the field  best of luck, maybe your bd members do not agree with you
> but everyone i talk to in this City does again thank you

     Just want to correct a little technicality here.  I asked that
the bill be "separated", in order to vote "no".  Since there were not
5 votes to pay the lawyers (and the lawyer from the firm who has taken
this on as a personal crusade apparently is Ms. Hope Blackburn), the
motion to pay them failed.
     I have told Danny that I, as one BOE member who does not speak
for the board, will support whatever the Little League parents decide.
So if they want to continue to fight for the Little League field at
the High School site, I will support that.  A resolution at the next
BOE meeting (Dec. 19) directing the administration and the attorneys
to butt out and proceed with Danny's original plans (remember that
Danny already has the necessary permits from the city) will have to
face two hurdles as I see it.  First, four other board members would
have to support it.  And then the state "monitor" (really a czar)
would have to not veto it.  If the Little League folks want to fight,
I am hoping that every person in town who supports them will call
central office (732-776-2663) and demand to speak with Mr. Cowell.
For him to take this on as the very first official act as State
Monitor is a huge mistake, not to mention a slap in the face and the
pocketbook of every person in town who cherishes the Little League.
If this is an example of what he thinks is wrong with the district,
what is next on the state "monitor's" hit list?  Biddy basketball? Pop
Warner?
                                           Frank D.