In a message dated 12/12/2007 6:53:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Point  has kiddie rides. Point has rental housing. Point has motels.
Point is  "clean". Point feels safe. Point has Martells. Point has
Pepsi sponsoring.  Point has entertainment. Point has weekly fireworks.

Point also Has/had (?)  Father Alphonse.  This from  1989:

Pat Storino, president of Jenkinson's Pavilion, where the concerts will  be
held, said that a single concert put on there by the Orchestra of St. Peter  by
the Sea and Father Stephenson last summer drew 5,000 people, ''so we're
confident about how successful this festival will be.''  Alphonse  Stephenson'
says he wants to make this seaside resort known statewide for  music and the
arts
through a new program called the Festival of the  Atlantic.   _Priest  Begins
Music Festival on Shore - New York Times_
(http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE0DA143DF936A15755C0A96F948260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all)

I know that his weekly concerts at their beach went on for years and drew
huge audiences.  He fills OG's auditorium.

He's still going with a full December schedule according to his current
site: _Orchestra of St. Peter by the  Sea_ (http://www.orchsp.com/)