In a message dated 12/12/2007 7:19:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

And  jenks got their start in ASBURY and OG. HIS major frustrations
even back  them "RESTRICTIONS PLACED ON HIS BUSINESS" That is something
that  frustrated boardwalk concessions all the way to 1990 ( i was  one).

I remember that when I first moved here out of college, I thought that the
boardwalk was somewhat corny.  Especially because they wouldn't permit  liquor
on the bw (cept 4 HJ).  Still very guido then, I preferred Seaside  bw with
all their craziness and bars, then Point cause it too was catering to  boomers
(after all, Four Seasons started there  lol).  Couldn't  understand why AP was
still trying to maintain a  turn-of-the-century religious resort affect,
busing in senior citizens for  lunches at Michael's et al.  There were
eventually a
few head shops, but  tucked away on side streets; even the Inkwell tried a
season here.  Same  era when the Mayfair and Lyric were razed.  The ghosts of
those theaters  still haunts those lots.

That lack of imagination back then -- pre-west side riot --  I  sensed, kept
this town on a downward spiral.