Where else, on earth, can you find a $600. p/day job, to simply "muck"
things up, on a grand scale, negate the votes of the residents,
disenfranchising us and what little we have to offer in the way of
summer recreation, because "someone", has designated you "Lord and
Master" over a fiefdom, of under 18,000?  I thought we had enough
"bosses"!  It's ironic, that we all speak with one voice, when it
comes to the kids!  I wish we could agree on how to bring our City
back, to it's once glorious past, but we can barely keep the lights
lit, in Library Park!

 2 thumbs up to Hinge, for his unflinching love, for a little piece of
heaven, called the Library Square, an overlooked, mostly forgotten,
piece of public real estate, gone to pot and frequented by the lesser
of our brethren, the down and out and dependent on their "fix"!  What
sin did we commit, to have us in the "fix", we're in?

It just didn't begin with this board, the previous board or the board
in 97, that wanted to fix a broken Asbury Park, but from the 70's,
after the riots, dedicated to never educate the children left behind,
when other school districts, started taking children from our
district, for music enrichment, which if AP was thinking straight,
could have hired someone, to come into the district and teach it here!

If Red Bank Regional could have this program, what was preventing AP,
from having it too?  The present board has it problems, which I tend
to think, are caused by the arm wrenchers, who want the "free
thinkers", to march in lockstep with THEM!  No free thinking allowed
here!  Frank, please free to use these terms freely and often!  I
don't even care if you use my real name!  I am not a member of the
board, nor do I speak for it!  My opinions are just that, opinions.  I
have no personal opinion of anyone on the board of education and
consider myself, a free thinker and progressive.

I just wish, that with all of the positive publicity, the Pop Warner
and Varsity Football, the hard work, put forth by the young Black
Males coaching them, as proof, that not all Blacks are in gangs, using
drugs or gang bangers, the least this town could do, is educate these
kids, in a proper fashion.  The Children, are our future.  Let's not
dash their hopes, that they can and will get a decent education, as
Americans, they are entitled to.  These are the types of citizens, a
town could only dream of.  We actually have them here, in these young
men and boys, in spite of where they live or who their parents are.
My 2 cents!
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycheech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>