Isn't it ironic?  Tom was terriffic, back when the Mets were Amazin',
the Yankees had Mister October, Reggie Jackson and other superstars,
who were wiry, rather than "buffed" up!  I met Daryl Strawberry, while
I was at a luncheon, last year and he's still wiry, can probably still
hit a bat, has a winning personality, gave me his autograph, because I
gave him words of encouragement and told him to get his "act"
together, because I believed in him, as do so many others!  I gave him
my "Mama" speech, the kind, older Black elders, are prone to do, when
they love someone.

I loved Thurmon Munson, tragically killed and I loved it, when
Baseball was just a game, my boys played over in Neptune, in the Pony
Leagues at the SAME ballfields, on Jumping Brook Road and Old Corlies
ave.  They looked like 2 little "bobble-heads", in their uniforms!  I
began getting my "tan" in March, when the season opened.  My youngest
son, played Babe Ruth, until he entered Glassboro, now Rowan.  I now
follow Legion Baseball and was at the All-Star Game at Monmouth
University, back in the summer.  I was thrilled to be amongst kids
from Monmouth County playing against Ocean County.  Not caring who
won, but the sportsmanship being taught that day.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"