In a message dated 12/17/2007 7:40:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
"2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just want to  congratulate Maureen, on her new column, with the
> Asbury Park Press, a  legitimate, mainstream Newspaper. No one in this
> forum, has bothered  to comment on it

Wrong. Frank D was first and I was second. They must  have taken the comments
off from last week.

You have to log in in order to access the comments:

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=8245d716b455457a970baa6dd28ff6ea)

GayleA  wrote:

I loved reading this article about people and  services and outreach that I
know nothing about. I've always enjoyed reading the  rich history of this area,
but meeting the people who build the diverse and  caring community of today
is important, and entertaining, as well. I look  forward to more!
12/13/2007 10:33:46  AM

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=b7f652ee5eb34605b2c23aeba41a79fb)

Gtscarano  wrote:

Hey Maureen, It was a pleasure reading your  article in the Press on Sunday.
When did you start writing for them? Your  writing about local talent and the
local radio show reminds me a little of old  NYC when we could go into all
kinds of small books stores in Manhattan, before  the Mega bookstores select
few
picked the books the public should buy and limit  the chances of discovery of
raw new talent. I hope you will have a regular  column in this paper. Maybe
you will put Asbury Radio back on the air. I believe  people want to hear about
Asbury Park Press news bits, local city events, local  restaurant reviews and
local voices on the air while driving.
12/12/2007 6:49:37 PM

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=494e99c54d2f4de2a199f1a6d63d434e)

RadioGal  wrote:

This is Maureen Nevin Duffy, I'm filling this in  so that I can read the
comments posted here. I appreciate everyone who has taken  the time to write.
12/11/2007 9:54:43  PM

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=e68720fd064247fc8fd0bdf352418be0)

MarioAPNJ  wrote:

Great column from the "voice" of Asbury Park.  Looking forward to many more
and to Asbury Radio in 2008.
12/10/2007 4:39:04 PM

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=3368a999d7d449dba57d755931470075)

Mairemartello  wrote:

Good article, Maureen. Coverage of radio is very  important in these days of
"talk radio." Glad APP has brought you aboard. The  only NYC paper that covers
radio is the New York Daily News!
12/10/2007 4:21:35 PM

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=2c204719f1024451a59e566a3dddf556)

dfsavgny  wrote:

Local radio is an important asset that is quickly  vanishing. it provides an
alternative to the mass-produced comglomerates that  are taking over not only
the public airwaves, but most media. If there are not  local and independent
alternatives, we will some day only see and hear what  "they" want us to.
Remember, the air waves are PUBLIC property. Let's make sure  that there are
still
independent voices for the public. One of those valuable  independent local
voices is Maureen Nevin. We need to get ASBURY RADIO back on  the air! It is
sorely missed.
12/10/2007 12:07:07  PM

(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=pluckpersona&U=c8bb22073a8d4e9094de2e770fd189da)

asburyfrank  wrote:

What a terrific article about Doris! She and her  husband John are such
wonderful, positive and talented people, and El Lobo is  greatly missed. Nice
work,
Maureen, and I'd say that even if I weren't your  friend! We need to get your
voice about all things Asbury Park back on the air,  too!
12/10/2007 9:26:30  AM