WWOR is licensed and located in Secaucus. I don't know how it could serve NJ
any better the city of license is next to Manhattan. They do what Independents
stations do they do a newscast and do reruns and rent space for the Ginzu knife.

  What most of the fuss is about is that FOX TV owns two stations (and the NY
Post) in  the market and that so far is a no-no. The renewal of WWOR and WNYW
are in question they have been operating on a waiver for a couple of years.

  Lautenberg is correct there really hasn't been a license renewal hearing or
this magnitude since the Telecommunications Act was implemented.

Jersey Shore John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Television station WWOR is failing New Jersey viewers, U.S. Sen.
Frank Lautenberg said Wednesday. Lautenberg testified at a Federal
Communications Commission hearing on whether the station, which is licensed in
Secaucus, should get a new broadcast license. The state’s senior U.S. senator
asked for the hearing last summer and the federal agency agreed, even though it
has not held a license renewal hearing for an existing station in ages.

Lautenberg said WWOR Channel 9, which covers in the New York-northern New
Jersey market, does not adequately cover issues of importance to New Jerseyans.
Lautenberg, a Democrat, asked the FCC to impose stricter standards on the
Fox-owned station as a condition of license renewal. Audrey Pass, a spokeswoman
for Channel 9, said the station was proud of its New Jersey coverage.

“We believe we serve the state well, and we were happy with tonight’s forum. We
were glad to hear from different people in the community and have the
opportunity to respond to their questions, concerns and suggestions. It was
very helpful to hear from them and demonstrate how we serve New Jersey’s
diverse communities.”

Pass said that at Wednesday’s hearing, the station provided FCC officials with
additional documentation that detailed its various community outreach programs
and news coverage of the Garden State.
  http://www.freepress.net/news/28542
  http://www.stopbigmedia.com/=Newark