Abu Muhammad, a Baghdad resident, found it difficult to let go of his
daughter's hand but he had already convinced himself that selling her
to a family outside Iraq would provide her with a better future. "The
war disgraced my family. I lost relatives including my wife among
thousands of victims of sectarian violence and was forced to sell my
daughter to give my other children something to eat," he told Al
Jazeera.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/ ...15E7F1CDB40.htm