What is it that keeps AP from acting on the obvious?
Is it a lack of resources? Or a lack of "balls"
Here's what I'm talking about...things like falling apart bungalows that are
perpetual
eyesores, burned out buildings. The crap that's constantly around the welfare
hotel across
the street from me. Last week, some really lame builder tried to semi-enclose
the porch
and made it look even worse. There is trash strewn everywhere on the side of
the building.
What about the building where Rita's deli was located? The empty buildings on
the corner
next to the sadly forgotten Baronet? The 40 oz. beer bottle that sitting on the
lawn on the
corner of 1st and Grand. Does our city not see this eyesores? Are they blind? I
bet I could
take pictures of 100 things in 1 hour that illustrate the ugly side of our
city...but the thing
that bothers me most is that these simple messy eyesores, for the most part,
haven't
changed on bit in the 2 years I've lived in the city. What about the Met Hotel?
It looks
worse then ever. Yes, I know we are a city in transition, but I've never seen a
transition
happen so slowly.
Meanwhile, Werner goes to jail for a porch...