Articles like this make AP look terrible. It's just one long running joke.

Asbury Park cop loses gun
BY NANCY SHIELDS • COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU • JANUARY 8, 2008

ASBURY PARK — City police Sgt. Amir Bercovicz can't find his gun and reported
it missing
when he came to work at 4 p.m. Monday, Police Chief Mark Kinmon said today.

Kinmon said Bercovicz had his gun when he left work at 10 p.m. Sunday. He
realized it
was missing Monday afternoon.

"It's embarrassing - embarrassing for him and for us,'' Kinmon said. "It is a
vital piece of
equipment, and we take every precauation to ensure things like this don't
happen. We're
doing everything we can to locate the gun and get it back. We're working with
him to
retrace his steps.''

Kinmon said police are entering information about the lost gun in the national
computer
network to let other law enforcement agencies know.