One of the single most important, influential things the city of
asbury could do going forward, is to hold landlords accountable.  You
want to get rid of the undesirables in this town?  one part of the
solution is to hold the landlords accountable.  Let the zoning board
hone in on the violations in the mutli family homes.  this is a
treasure trove for getting rid of the pieces of crap who use AP as a
place to sell drugs etc... why is this such a hard concept.  its easy
to pick on the homeowner who pays taxes and is doing the right
thing.  why not focus on the "slumlord"?  because that is too much
work.  Let's cut the crap and excuses.  how bout a new mantra in the
town is 'accountability' in all aspects.  lets see what happens

dan

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Mario" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "I think it would be interesting for their neighbors to know that
the
> person living in a mega mansion in Colts Neck is actually a slum
lord in
> Red Bank." - Menna
>

> RB Mayor Speaks Out Against Slumlords Menna would like to publish
names
> of code violators
> http://www.tworivertimes.com/current/news4.php
> <http://www.tworivertimes.com/current/news4.php>
> By John Burton
>
> RED BANK - Rental property owners convicted of code violations
could see
> their names in the newspapers, if Mayor Pasquale Menna gets his way.
>
> Recently and again at New Year's Day's borough reorganization
meeting
> Menna had indicated he would like to publish the names of
landlords, who
> are often absentee landlords, who are regularly cited by the
borough's
> code enforcement office for violations such as overcrowding.
>
> Some of those property owners have been identified only by a limited
> liability company name, or LLC, in which the property is listed.
>
> LLCs are a cross between a corporation and a partnership that
legally
> protects its members' personal assets and limits their
responsibility
> for business debt, as well as offering other certain tax benefits.
>
> Menna would like to use the names of the LLCs' members should they
be
> convicted of code endorcement offenses, and have those names
published.

> "I think it would be interesting for their neighbors to know that
the
> person living in a mega- mansion in Colts Neck is actually a slum
lord
> in Red Bank," Menna said.
>
> Traditionally, the company would only have to name one member as the
> managing partner, offering the remaining members a certain level of
> anonymity. But in the borough, under its "pay-to-play" ordinance,
> regulating political contributions, contains a provision where all
LLC
> members with a 10 percent or more holding are identified. Last year
the
> borough's zoning board of adjustment and the planning board adopted
> policy of disclosing the participants with the same minimum holding,
> too. The state's land-use laws does permit it, Menna, an attorney,
said.

> The borough's code enforcement office has hired an additional
officer
> and stepped up enforcement, which has led to some property owners
being
> cited for such violations as overcrowding - allegedly using their
> property as illegal boarding houses. Some of the repeat offenders,
Menna