--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "arcman210" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Have you ever been to Wildwood? The Doo-Wop motel district which is
> currently being destroyed for the same kind of condo greed that
> developers cant seem to get enough of.

It's a coouple problems -

Condo greed or the value of real estate. To save it, you  have to
find a family that doesn't want to sell the motel, boarding house
restaraunt etc. That doesn't happen to often now, because the hard
work the grandfather or fathers put in doesn't mean much to the
offspring or those that got "left" the business. For those that still
hold, their hard work is the legacy the next generation want and
those they want to give - $$$. Fact of life.

So you have to find a historical society or some other interested
party that can pay the $ to save it or have the towns zone out
these "new" uses. Preserve heigh regulations, parking, green spaces
etc. Good luck.  The towns are selling out for TAXES. Is my little
house in OT that's 440 sq ft on a 50x99 foot lot worth more then
$3300 in taxes (read it again, not a typo) or should the town allow
me to out up 2000 sq ft and get $10k in taxes?  Said but true.

If someone comes in, gives you $5 million, if you do NOTHING, you
SHOULD be able to earn $250,000 per year. So you take a 20 unit motel
100 nights at $100 = $200,000 - less taxes etc etc.