Far beyond the narrow worlds of sports and entertainment so mistakenly
glorified in today's celebrity culture of TV, movies, and popular music, he
calls
upon us all to strive for excellence and recognize our God-given  abilities.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  writes:

the school  makes millions in revenue at the crowds, star athletes pull in,
but 90%  graduate and still don't
know anything! Exploitation, is what I call  it.

Ben Carson: We have a long way to go before we can reach the point where
people who do things with their brains are recognized like sports figures or
entertainers.  It's not only a problem in the black community; it's across  the
board.
_Book  TV - Take the Risk: Learning to Identify, Choose, and Live with
Acceptable Risk  - BOOK PARTY_
(http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=9104&SectionName=&PlayMedia=No)

He is an African-American neurosurgeon (_http://tinyurl.com/yoscrv_
(http://tinyurl.com/yoscrv)  ),  a pediatric neurosurgeon of world-renown, and
a mentor
to countless  individuals of all ages. To all who say that circumstances in
their lives have  made personal success impossible, Dr. Carson, director of
pediatric neurosurgery  at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, is living
proof that perseverance,  prayer, and self-respect, combined with a devotion to
acquiring knowledge, can  overcome any obstacles in one's way.
With groups of all ages, Ben Carson, M.D., shares the  philosophies that have
enabled him to overcome obstacles in his personal,  professional, and
spiritual life. The lessons he has learned about himself and  the world have
enabled
him to leave behind a life of poverty in America's inner  cities for that of a
successful and highly respected surgeon, businessman, and  motivational
speaker.
Education, he says, is liberation.
He introduces young people to the wealth of opportunities and lifestyles that
 exist in intellectual pursuits, far beyond the narrow worlds of sports and
entertainment so mistakenly glorified in today's celebrity culture of TV,
movies, and popular music. He calls upon us all to strive for excellence and
recognize our God-given abilities.
He and his wife founded  _Carson  Scholars_ (http://www.carsonscholars.org/)
to recognize and reward students in grades 4-11  who strive for academic
excellence and demonstrate a strong commitment to  their community. The
scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed,  religion or financial
need.
Scholarships are awarded for attendance at four-year  colleges and universities
upon the student's graduation from high  school.
_Amazon.com:  ben carson_
(http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-9973825-0583610?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ben+carson)

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)