--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "jwkeady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Friends of Asbury Park:

Sit on the boardwalk and watch ofr 5 minutes or 5 hours what people
do- what they look at, where they stop and MORE importantly, WHERE
they spend their money.

You can do the same in the mall, Seaside or Wildwood or Atlantic City.

I've done it looking for the next best thing.

On the AP boardwalk, there are a couple examples. If you're the
landlord, you want to know who can pay the rent today and more so-
tomorrow.

Can a 10x25 stand in seaside afford to pay $20k in rent?

I was eating on the boardwalk the other day. I sat there and watched
as 8 men looked at a "fast food" menu. They wound up "only" getting
sodas and maybe the kid only got a prok roll and cheese. The price
point was close - but not close enough to where they wanted to lay
out the $ for a "simple" lunch. Of course I started bullshitting with
them. The merchant took in $24 vs about $60 - or if priced "right"
maybe $48.  Even if the profit were the same - you might of lost 8
customers  - based on price ....

The one guy siad hey0-  it's cheaper then point pleasant.

Interesting to note looks like Pepsi has a deal on the BW. They did
in Point. AP used to be Coca Cola town. Pepsi in 1983 would not even
look at AP - except for a Wnew concert.  While Coke would give you
everything - Pepsi used to think Point was THE place (in the 80's).

Obviuosly someone woke up at Pepsi. I never did think they understood
marketing and that's from personal experience.