Could you imagine going back to school on the first day ---no bookbag,pencil,
pen, notebook.  "Spanky did you do your homework.  No Mrs. Crabtree I didn't
have a pencil !!!!    (dating myself)

 Re: [AsburyPark] Re: Board of Education Election April 15 -Why Bother?
... that "The revitalization of the Boardwalk and the Waterfront, no matter how
well executed, cannot be truly successful if...the schools are unable to
provide a solid education...." January 14, 2008 _http://oceanfrontasbury.com/_
(http://oceanfrontasbury.com ..
The Ridge and Bangs Revilatization Committee needs the help of concerned
citizens , businesses,churches, and anyone who has a heart.  We are trying to
give our children a jumpstart for the upcoming school year
Just imagine over 1500 children and parents in attendance enjoying free food,
fun, mentors and entertainment with a guarantee that each child receives a book
bag full of supplies for the upcoming school year (one less worry)
DID YOU SAY "HOW CAN I HELP"?
  "Dial 732-502-5727"  City of Asbury Park  today  Tell Lori Ross/Denise Brown
 I commit to bring/send you :
        1. Pens & #2 Pencils
        2. 3-Ring Binders
        3. Box of Colored Pencils
        4. Loose-Leaf & Copy Paper
        5. Book Covers
        6. Spiral Notebooks
        7. Planners
        8. Highlighters & Markers
        9. Index Cards
        10. Folders with Pockets
        11. Calculators
        12. $$$$$$$$$$$  for supplies
We usually hold this event in August  but  since we have fallen short of funds
it looks like we are possibly shooting for September.
 Thanks to all who have committed themselves or organizations so far.  To me it
seems the hardest task of raising funds is when your raising it to benefit
children and it shouldn't be.