--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bruce is a huge Bob Dylan fan. I tend to think he didn't take the
stage because he didn't
> want to upstage one of his heroes. Plus, he was probably somewhat
put off by the
> disrespect being shown to Bob by the Bruce fans in the audience.

I'm not sure if this is 100% true or not but nevertheless its
interesting...  Now what I've heard is that Bruce and Bob had
rehearsed together before the show, and they were planning to play
together. Supposedly Dylan never invited him on stage to play.  Some
think Bruce was angered by this and left abrubtly when the lights
came on.  Not sure if Dylan stood him up or not, or if he just
couldnt fit it in, or if he forgot, or if they had really never
planned to play together at all.  There was that lone microphone in
front of the stage the whole time, wasnt used at all throughout the
whole show.  And the ending was really awkward as the band exited
after the encore, only to come back on stage and take a bow, then
leave the stage again... the lights remained off for another minute
or so and then came on. So it'd be interesting to know the actual
truth to this whole situation.