--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Two years later and they still haven't fixed it:
> http://www.madisonmarquette.com/files/Asbury.pdf
>
> Also, how did DeVito make AP his summer "retreat" if he lived
there?
> Retreat would indicate going someplace away from where you live.
Same
> with Nicholson (or does driving across the tracks count
> as "retreating"?)
>
> Also, apparently no one ever heard of Asbury Park until 1975, when
> Springsteen "put it on the map". (Poor AP, languishing in obscurity
for
> 100 years. ;) Dare I mention the album actually came out in '73?)
>
> "The character and history of Asbury Park will be preserved.." it
says
> on top of page 3.  How can you preserve something you don't even
know?

> (I AM stoked to see that jetty though. That must be one amazing set
of
> rocks!)

Something interesting on those plans in the brochure... check out the
Fifth Avenue Pavilion.  Look at the "second floor plan" that is
showing Tim McLoone's Supper Club... its not actually the 2nd floor
they are showing, its the basement.  The reason behind this is
absolutely because they do not want to show the 2nd floor of the
pavilion because, well, it contains the bandshell.  This means one of
two things. 1) The bandshell has not been designed. 2) The area is
being designed as something else that they do not want us to see
right now.  Its just something to think about, and I know there are
some here who will think that is interesting.