> You seem to be overly positive and optimistic; going with the flow
> be part of the party perhaps?

anyone who is investing in a business, and / or a buying house here
I would characterize as attempting turn the tide rather that go with
the flow.

>You keep talking about the past year in
> your prior posts; is that the extent of your view about what has
gone
> on?

valid point....my frame of reference isn't as long as others
here....that is for sure....i am definetly a "newbie" as I have only
had a house here since this March and visited AP for the first time
in the spring of 07'.  i grew up in rochester, ny went to hoftra u
in long island and have lived in NNJ for the past 15 or so years.

> I've read about all the great things supposed to be happening
since
> 2000. By my count its now 7 years later and very little has been
> accomplished in that time. (talking about the oceanfront)

i remember a post by tommy disputing the fact that the past 7 years
have been a failed redevelopment...wish i had time to big it up and
offer the link, i found it very interesting....talked about how bad
it really was here before the first pioneers started coming in.

I am focusing on the fact that "it" is happeninig right now on the
ocean front...more and more people are coming down and enjoying all
AP has to offer....lot's of great people, beach, restaurants,
entertainment and other businesses all over town.  I am just praying
that it does't become way overcrowded during the summer months as I
am sure it evenutually will.

> Ok you want things with a positive spin: (some issues people are
> talking about)
>
> Wouldnt it be better if the Porta-Potties were gone?
> Wouldnt it be better if there were real rest rooms?
> Wouldnt it be better if the bandstand building were correctly
restored?
> Wouldnt it be better if freight containers wre not used as
buildings?
> Wouldnt it be better if roofs didn't have airconditioners all over
> them?
> Wouldnt it be better if that unfinished foundation were not there?
> Wouldnt it be better if flood lights were not all over the place?
> Wouldnt it be better if the organ were working
> Wouldnt it be better if traffic flow was different?
> Wouldnt it be better if it lived up to the hype being put out for
the
> last 7 years?
>
> How about some positive criticisms from you instead of just going
> along with everything? Fine if your happy with the way things are.
> was/am disappointed as are others apparantly.

i did notice that the slot you would put bills in in the new parking
meters are very very low to the ground....could be annoying for
anyone who does't carry change around such as myself.

there is nothing fundamentally wrong with anything I see going on
right now....if there was I would complain about them.  let's see
how the ongoing negotiations go between MM and the city....how the
boardwalk looks and feels when it is closer to a finished product.
there are many things that will be added or corrected and many
things that people will not like.  i am starting to sound like a
broken record.  can we agree to disagree?