I don't think it's wrong to be critical of the way the system was
implemented.    This is a system, which people have shown quite a bit of
confusion in using - one that had at least one local town (Belmar)
eliminate the system for that very reason.   The meters also run a good
5 hours longer than any of the nearby towns.

I think those two points are definitely worth discussing and debating.