and here in is the major problem with the use (abuse) of eminent
domain... They took the building not for a school or police station
or a bridge, highway or hospital... they took it from one owner to
give to another private non governmental owner, who will profit from
it for many years...

Adding insult to injury, for less than the actual value and no where
near the replacement value and with no consideration for the costs
associated with the action or the relocation.

It's a simple and obvious failing of the intended use of eminent
domain.

It needs to stop!

Rev. Kevin Brown
www.electricnews.com

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't know where you got your information from, but I would like
> see you validate it.  The auto parts store that was once there was
not
> the building owner.
>
> As I understood it back in 1994 when we bought it.
>
> The outright civil rights violation by Long Branch in the C 1 zone
of
> 1994 was a well thought out conspiracy. Unknown to me at the time,
> people were making big plans for lower Broadway.  They were just
> waiting till the proces went so low.  The present developer offered
the
> owners $10,000 in 1994.  I of course gave them what they wanted
$40K.

> All for $30,000 Katz has gone through developer hell with our
challenge
> and we are not done.  On Nov 27, 2007 the tide turned.  From 1994
> 11/2007 the city was ahead.  From 11/2007 until eternity they
lose!!!
> and lose big!
>
> The building is not unlucky, it is blessed!
>
> Kevin Brown
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "theshortsalepro" <njdave@>
wrote:

> > Years ago, before Kevin Brown purchased the building from which
he
> was
> > asked to vacate, a previous owner faced with foreclosure on that
> > building contacted me for assistance.  I seem to recall he
operated a
> > retail auto parts business. To guestimate the building's value, I
was
> > afforded a glimpse into the building's past....  positioned on
the
> > second floor was a prizefighters' boxing ring complete with
ringside
> > seating.
> >
> > That owner lost the property directly or indirectly to
foreclosure.