Pete,

 I think this round of super-Asbury political discussion about
national pols resulted from the economic situation in America.

Give us a collective break from the rules, if you will.  When
something this historic and extraordinary happens in the World, you
can't expect folks to post "How about those 50 cent parking meters."
We are people and we are going to react to something so important our
grandchildren are likely to read about it in their history books.

We also have a few real estate experts on the group, so of course I'm
going to jump on this board to read what they have to say.

That national economic situation naturally lends itself to a
discussion about national political figures both past and future.

Someone said "trolls" are setting "bait."  Certainly not.

"Consequences from Wall Street to Asbury Park" was started by
Jennifer.

"What a strange place" was started by NewBeetoAp.

"Why should the people bail out Wall Street" was started by Jack.

"Full Rolling Stone Story" was started by dfsavgny.

"Palin/Obama" was started by Paul Vail.

(Looks like only one of those emanated from the right, Jersey John).

All of those folks are pretty regular posters and certainly
not "trolls" leaving "bait."

Also, if you go through the posts, most regular posters had something
to say.  Doesn't that show you that the group was OK with it?  Did
anyone complain?  Certainly on the board they did not.

The debate was lively but I perceived no one to be insulting toward
anyone.

We are about 30 days out from an historic national election the world
is watching.  Our interest will grow every single day.

I've asked you before to suspend the rules on "Asbury only"
discussion until one week after the election, because Asbury is not
an island separate from America (although acting like it is often its
problem).

It's not the same to go to another group, because not everyone else
is there, and certainly nott he lurkers, who I think we sometimes
speak to when we write.

I'd like to know what other members think about suspending the Asbury
only rules until after the election.  Please post your thoughts.

Ok, on this next part I want to make clear I speak just for me and
not anyone else:

Kiss off, Pete. You know you're my bud and really, who loves you more
than me?  But I'm talking about national politics 30 days before an
election all I want.

The only way you'll stop me is to ban my account from the group.  The
others will know you did (some will applaud I'm sure) when I stop
posting.