DUDE!?!?! let me have a little WTF moment here.  I have been trying to
get people to talk about the !CITY BUDGET! with no takers.  after a
while you give up.  Everyone has an idea about what SHOULD be talked
about but any time any discussion gets going on anything people try to
stop you.  its hilarious. someone could write a #(*&^% anthropology
PHD dissertation on this shit. control control control.

i think what you are suggesting is the job of the chamber of commerce
but here are my fantasies about income for AP...brainstorm type so
allow some kookiness...

Positive/Progressive Hip Hop Conference/Concerts...some of the things
i hear in cool justice oriented hip hop is amazing and would love for
the kids i see on a regular basis be exposed to it.

Idea festival...TED, PoPTech..and others...amazing festivals of ideas
and new thinking that are sprouting up all over the country.

how to get people here...well LOVE it yourself (and spend your own
money here!), cut out the *&^%$ "Benny" shit.  who cares if you are a
local.

avoid general jersey animosity by avoiding to need bailouts from the
rest of the state because we can't balance our budget.

tell everyone to bring quarters for the parking meters...everything
else is a crap shoot. i was in the wind and rain recently trying to
get a dollar in...

lets start looking at and questioning the leadership here...and not
based on what anyone does for you personally....we have an election in
may i believe.

and again...i have one person willing to help me get the budget into a
form that is accessible to non wonks...something the city should be
doing, or at least the budget committee. lets talk about the budget!

but i am happy to make fun of palin when nothing else creates a thread.