> What determines value?

another market problem..

a guy like me goes and makes some moves to buy some GE (General
Electric) for stability and now (as of this minute) a nice dividend
based on stock price. I buy it at what I think is a great value even
taking into account GE financing arm and god only knows.

Then, a few hours later, a guy named Warren Buffet must of heard that
I buy GE for all the right reasons, and he says shit, Dave must know
something. So he picks up the phone, calls Mrs. Buffet and gets her
ok to move $3 BILLION into GE, getting a 10% dividend and all kinds
of other goodies to protect, more or less his investment. Then GE
makes his deal even nicer, allowing Mr. B to get their new stock
offering(funny paper money a company is permitted to issue at will)
at quite a bit less then, say a guy like me got to buy. Even though
the news was public yesterday, the news news news didn't come til
today.

Large companies have the ability to destroy the average stockholder
as will. They do this by issuing almost any form of collateral or
perceived collateral.