Tommy -
I should hire you as my agent or at least forward your very kind
posting to some of my editors!
Glad to help.
Listen, you know Wall St. worked very hard for years at making the
processes there as opaque as possible - through escoteric jargon and
a lot fierce gatekeepers. When you got someone to speak on the record
they'd talk a mile a minute. I'll never forget the Merrill Lynch
spokeswoman who had a fit, after one of these conference calls, when
I said don't worry about my being accurate I just taped it all. She
was furious!! Now why wouldn't they want you to be accurate? So they
can dismiss the whole story when you get something wrong?
Part of the reason why they went to these hugely complex instruments
was because market reforms had removed so many veils that the markets
were becoming transparent - perish the thought.
Maureen

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mo,
>
> I did read the post that Frank made for you.
>
> I wasn't even aware of the issue until you posted it.  Thanks for
> doing so - it's an interesting insight.
>
> For those of you who don't know, this business stuff is Marueen
> Nevin's area of journalistic expertise.
>
> That's why I asked her the questions.
>
> We're futunate to have folks like her on this board with expertise
> in such an important current event  (wish she was back on the
radio).

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "radio881gal" <restore881FM@>
> wrote:
> >
> > To my knowledge these are actual trades that are reported in
these
> > indices, not assigned values based on aspects of the assets or
> what
> > an insurer would give you in an accident.
> > These indices are a recent benefit to the market, since OTC
> products
> > have typically lacked transparency for this as well as other
> reasons.
> > Did you read the open letter from the auditors that Frank posted
> for
> > me yesterday?
> > Maureen
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> > <justifiedright@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are creditex and markit reliable?  Do people routinely take
> issue
> > > with their amounts (like I do with blue book on cars?)
> > >

> > > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "radio881gal"
<restore881FM@>

> St.
Creditex