Sharon -
I'm glad somebody read that report.
I'm happy for Mark Kinmon and the others, but 17, at least, gang
affiliated thugs in the local area doesn't make me feel warm and
fuzzy. And it's important to know that it wasn't just 5 reputed to be
gang members. I don't know what the difference is between a member
and an associate, but I bet the distinction wouldn't mean much to
someone thinking of buying here.
I'm glad Milgram came to show support and I think Valentin is doing a
much better job than his predecessor.
Get your point about the black faces. That's why so many people don't
realize they harbor racist notions. The subliminal messages are
everywhere. Racism is the norm. Let's get a look at some of the
buyers. Aren't they equally as guilty?
Maybe I'll list those names when I get a minute to type them in.
Thanks again for checking the report, Shar,
Maureen
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sharon_b283" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Maureen,
> I got confused also, when viewing the pictures, reading the article,
> then assessing:  What's wrong with this report?  First of all, the
> article tied gang activity in with drug running or so confusing,
that
> I coudn't surmise what they were trying to get across to me, the
> reader!  I only saw about 15 photos, a mixing up of what was what
and
> thinking that if I dodn't know better, it's the kind of propaganda
> that gets law athourities promoted!  Do a roundup, calla press
> conference, call it gangs/drugs/criminal/, show only the Black faces
> which appeal to your right winged "law and order" types, still
doesn't
> address the real issue, how drugs "make it" into urban communities.
>
> These "street" agents will be replaced with others and still doesn't
> address REAL issues!  All this does is paint a racial sterotype to
> drugs, drug running, gangs, but still doesn't address the "root"
issue
> of the problem, itself!  I didn't buy it.
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "radio881gal" <restore881FM@>
wrote:

> > For those of you who have read my report on the major drug bust
> > announced yesterday by State Attorney General Anne Milgram and
County
> > Prosecutor Luis Valentin, on AsburyRadio.com, you may be confused
> > about the number arrested with gang affiliations versus the
number
> > of "reputed gang members" as reported on the Asbury Park Press
web
> > site today.
> >
> > It took me three calls to the prosecutor's office today, but I
got an
> > answer - and I listened to the Mp3s again. First the Mp3s:
> > Attorney General Milgram, who spoke first, said "Twenty-two of
the
> > individuals arrested today have gang affiliations." Prosecutor
> > Valentin, referred to "approximately 20 gang members and a
> > significant number of fugitives", among the 50 arrested.
> > As for checking with the source, the Prosecutor's Office:
> > We've been told to rely on the press release, which identifies
five
> > of those arrested as "members" of mainly the Bloods street gang,
and
> > an additional 12 individually identified as "an associate" of a
gang
> > (s). The source we spoke with referred us to the internet for the
> > distinction between the two.
> >
> > For now, we are satisfied to say that there were a total of 17
> > individuals, among the 50 arrested, with street gang
affiliations. Of