Sorry if this is a repeat. I wrote a paragraph or two on this a few
minutes ago and it vanished.
Well, here it is again. Joyce Grant, who is chair of an organization
called the Citizens for Oceanfront Preservation, obtained a copy of the
CAFRA permit, which is the coastal land use document that allows the
redevelopment rights holder -- Asbury Partners LLC - to build or
contract with others to build -- on the oceanfront here. I think the
sudden rush to get council approval for the 15 houses East of the
Asbury Tower, despite the worst real estate market in how many years,
may be explained by the permit's '09 expiration. It was issued by the
DEP in March of 2004. I've listed the effective and expiration dates
with the permit # and contact details for the DEP on AsburyRadio.com.
Thanks,
Maureen